Artuvetrin® Serum Test
This serological test identifies the allergens that can be responsible for the atopic dermatitis. The most relevant indoor and outdoor allergens are being examined. Thanks to the latest technology, this test has a high specificity and sensitivity.
- Specially developed for dogs, cats and horses
- Panels composed especially for Europe (North-West and South) including Malassezia for dogs and cats
- High specificity and sensitivity due to latest technology
- Fast and reliable result
- Short-term medication does not have to be discontinued
- Clearly set out and easy to interpret result, together with clear advice and support
The Screening indicates if any of the tested allergens is positive or if all allergens are negative. so it does not specify which allergens (with exception of individual Flea result for dogs and cats).
- It is specially developed for dogs, cats and horses
- 100% reliable
- Individual FLEA result for dogs and cats is included
Detailed allergy panel
This test specifies the individual result for the tested allergens and an allergen-specific immunotherapy can be ordered based on the results. There is virtually no cross reactivity with IgG and comes with a clear treatment advice.
Dogs and cats
- Specific panel for dogs and cats
- The 29 most relevant indoor and outdoor are examined, including Malassezia
- 3 monoclonal antibodies derived from recombinant IgE
- Specific panel for horses
- The 30 most relevant indoor and outdoor allergens are examined, including insects
- 1 monoclonal antibody derived from a recombinant horse IgE
Frequently asked questions
Artuvetrin® Serum Test
What are the advantages of a serum test compared with a skin test?
The advantages of the serum test compared with the skin test are:
- The Artuvetrin Serum Test is more efficient for small practices in terms of time and costs.
- The Artuvetrin Serum Test is an individual test for the most relevant allergens.
- The result is easy to interpret and discuss with the Pet Parent.
- The patients’ skin does not need to be shaved.
- The symptomatic medication, such as corticosteroids or cyclosporine does not need to be suspended before the test.
Which drugs can be administered without affecting the results of the serum test?
As far as we know, the following medications can be administered without affecting the serum test results:
- Anti-fungal drugs
- Heartworm drugs
- Anti-Flea agents and devices
- Thyroid medication
- Heart medication
Olivery, et al. Evidence-based guidelines for anti-allergic drug withdrawal times before allergen-specific intradermal and IgE serological tests in dogs Vet derm. 24 (2013) 225-232
Is sending full blood/plasma rather than serum a problem for the Artuvetrin serum test?
For the optimal completion of the test, serum is preferable. However, sending plasma or full blood will not negatively affect the test result.
Is it a problem to use a serum tube other than the ones supplied by Artuvet for collecting serum?
Using a different serum tube is not a problem.